All of our referees, whether they officiate the Recreational, Academy, Select soccer programs, or Futsal, all must be certified through USSF (United States Soccer Federation). Referees must take, and pass, the entry level R9 referee course to be eligible for game selection by the DDYSC Referee Assignor.
DDYSC hosts a couple of courses a year, but does not administer them. All registrations and course information is handled by the Georgia Soccer referee department.
Advantages to becoming a USSF referee:
- Earn money! Pay rate varies with age level of players.
- Work only when available. You are an independent contractor.
- Great professional history for a college application or resume.
- Develop skills to make decisions, execute planned actions under game conditions.
- Confidence building with experience gained handling complex situations.
- Maturity gained by job duties - maintaining attire, being at job on time, and acting professional.
- Opportunity to advance to higher level challenges (Referee a College/Pro game).
- Experienced referees are in demand. And there is only one way to get there. Try it!